This blog ranges a lot in material, but mostly focuses on commenting on art and package culture. It also creates art and package culture. My name is Tim Conger and this used to be called "brillocommentblog"
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
The Louvre--Intriguing idea for a museum.
The Louvre was an intriguing idea for a museum, if memory of high school history class serves me right. Wasn't it originally a dwelling for the kings and queens of France? I think it's pretty sad what happened to all those high-born people, but the museum idea is interesting. Sometimes there's mention in 21st Century contemporary art of ideas that sound like an advocacy of the use of the guillotine here in the States. One laughs, if one has a sense of humor, and maybe feels angry agreement or disagreement, but making museums out of old buildings that used to be monuments of fear is pretty cool. I want peace on Earth and goodwill to all and feel we're nowhere near there yet...I feel the way oif achieving it is not simply voting for it, and yet the solution is far from military. The people putting flowers in soldier's guns confronting them had the right idea, but discretion too is important. One does not want to sacrifice oneself to no purpose. I read an idea put forth by a Talmudic writer once who said that it is important for people who would wish to escape the sins of the world to instead use meditation to enable them (us) to "turn back warfare at its very gates." This is quite the opposite of a martial art. It is the courage to try to break up a fight without concern for whether one gets massacred in the process. Well, one does care a little. It's good to know a little First Aid. I took a class in it at the Red Cross, for example. I'm trembling in fear as I write this, but it's just cute, because none of it is illegal or anythiing or treasonous yet, so I'll just hit "SAVE NOW" and
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment