Sunday, February 12, 2012

Smasheltooth Flossing (a second draft)

"Smasheltooth Flossing" on blogger is my favorite besides my own. It's brilliantly written and she's going to have to help me figure out how to get graphics on my page, too, because her graphics are great. Mostly she writes diary entries or accounts of dreams and it looks like-- as is true with me, too-- her dreams are saturated with even more wisdom than her waking ego. I really like the dream account of meeting a member of her favorite hiphop band and then getting in a fight with  her boyfriend over him telling people her secrets. In fact, I felt it necessary to ask her permission before letting other people know about her blog, but she was thrilled I wanted too so I think if people can take seriously what should be taken seriously and take with a grain of salt what should be taken with a grain of salt. What I mean is, a lot  of her blog is very bawdy, like mine sometimes can be, and just as I wouldn't want a stranger coming up to me in public and asking me about orange jumpsuits, it's probably better not to interrogate Smashel about her teeth. But I really like her blog  a lot and recommend it to people who like brilliant and yet funny and apparently vulnerable writing. I'd like to say  more about what you'll find there , but false  modesty is stopping me. I feel funny discussing my friends' issues about their teeth on google.
    I wrote something about Smashel's blog here yesterday, but felt I needed to change it for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment