Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy International Women's Day

   I don't want to say that women do all the useful work in the world, because it's not true. I particularly think of the night crew at Second Story Respite House, two of whom are male, as people who do a lot of arduous cleaning without credit and without a lot of complaining. But it's also true that a lot of health professionals are women and the management in my hotel is two women and I'm grateful to them  right now. And basically women are beautiful. I don't know whether to hope they take over the world, but I can see why they'd want to. And I think I've  been a lot happier in the last ten years with women enjoying better status and more wage parity than they did before. I think mostly when women misuse power it comes as a result of a lot of power being misused on them, not only in a personal way, but also in an institutional way and it's been going on since the dawn of time. So I do hope we all will try to interact more fairly in the year ahead, and that includes interaction between members of the same gender, too. if you disagree about any of this, please contact me at congertimothy@yahoo.com or tconger@cruzio.com . Thank you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment