The title of this post actually comes from a mathematical concept I only heard about from an episode of the TV show, "Numb3rs" that comes on CBS sometimes, and also FOX. But enough about them.
I recently started answering emails that offered free deals as introductory offers to their business classes and so on and what I found is that I never met such a bottom feeding bunch of slime in my whole life. I particularly want to name the company AppSumo, because it offered to send me three business pamphlets for free that it never did, and instead it tricked me into downloading a 7000 gigabite file that slowed down my laptop by about 30 seconds every time I wanted to do anything. Nuts to them!
There was another website I had a bad experience with and I feel sorry about that, because I felt like there was things about it that were really great. The website, "wunderground," named after the Weather Underground of the Sixties, has a lot about it that's really terrific; it has great graphics and tells you all sorts of weather information and links to all sorts of great facts from all over the world. It's the perfect cure for Liberal Arts syndrome. The problem? Once you've signed their contract, you pretty much can't mention them or use their data in any articles you might write, to say nothing of business applications, and to me it looked like their terms and conditions were so exhaustive no one at all could stay out of trouble with them for long. Luckily, I never signed their contract or I wouldn't be able to write this review. Moreover, they kept reminding me that I had disabled the cookies on my computer and insisted in their terms and conditions on having access to any information I might have on my computer for making their own cookies for me. Anyway, they really creeped me out and I had to tear myself away from their site regretfully. It's a damn shame.
It just seems like our economy has gotten so bad that even companies that would have fostered latent talent in the Nineties nowadays just want to rob everyone of their last ten cents. It's a real shame.
By the way, the "National Weather Service" is a public service that does some of the same things the Weathermen do without the bullshit.
I recently started answering emails that offered free deals as introductory offers to their business classes and so on and what I found is that I never met such a bottom feeding bunch of slime in my whole life. I particularly want to name the company AppSumo, because it offered to send me three business pamphlets for free that it never did, and instead it tricked me into downloading a 7000 gigabite file that slowed down my laptop by about 30 seconds every time I wanted to do anything. Nuts to them!
There was another website I had a bad experience with and I feel sorry about that, because I felt like there was things about it that were really great. The website, "wunderground," named after the Weather Underground of the Sixties, has a lot about it that's really terrific; it has great graphics and tells you all sorts of weather information and links to all sorts of great facts from all over the world. It's the perfect cure for Liberal Arts syndrome. The problem? Once you've signed their contract, you pretty much can't mention them or use their data in any articles you might write, to say nothing of business applications, and to me it looked like their terms and conditions were so exhaustive no one at all could stay out of trouble with them for long. Luckily, I never signed their contract or I wouldn't be able to write this review. Moreover, they kept reminding me that I had disabled the cookies on my computer and insisted in their terms and conditions on having access to any information I might have on my computer for making their own cookies for me. Anyway, they really creeped me out and I had to tear myself away from their site regretfully. It's a damn shame.
It just seems like our economy has gotten so bad that even companies that would have fostered latent talent in the Nineties nowadays just want to rob everyone of their last ten cents. It's a real shame.
By the way, the "National Weather Service" is a public service that does some of the same things the Weathermen do without the bullshit.
No comments:
Post a Comment