Hi Gang,
I wrote two new poems tonight and thought, "So why not expose myself to adoration and ridicule?" So here they are:
Provision,
by Tim Conger
Provision,
A reprimand at the change of a season,
Unlocking arm and knee shackles,
And a jaunty smack on the behind,
"Well, there I find you eating cereal again!"
Disturbing the bats in the Gothic attic above,
Young man and old go up to find the ancestor's matlock,
Wrapped in cheesecloth,
"Keep it oiled, Son,
"Keep it seasoned...And soaked in its victims' blood."
Having drawn masks over their faces, except for mouth and eyes,
They share the pipeweed of inherited guilt.
(c) 4/25/12
Untitled
I ope'd the jaspered box,
And flushed its contents away,
It could have been a lottery ticket,
No one will ever know.
(c) 4/25/12
I wrote two new poems tonight and thought, "So why not expose myself to adoration and ridicule?" So here they are:
Provision,
by Tim Conger
Provision,
A reprimand at the change of a season,
Unlocking arm and knee shackles,
And a jaunty smack on the behind,
"Well, there I find you eating cereal again!"
Disturbing the bats in the Gothic attic above,
Young man and old go up to find the ancestor's matlock,
Wrapped in cheesecloth,
"Keep it oiled, Son,
"Keep it seasoned...And soaked in its victims' blood."
Having drawn masks over their faces, except for mouth and eyes,
They share the pipeweed of inherited guilt.
(c) 4/25/12
Untitled
I ope'd the jaspered box,
And flushed its contents away,
It could have been a lottery ticket,
No one will ever know.
(c) 4/25/12
No comments:
Post a Comment