Monday, January 23, 2012

#3 "Very Sexy (for men)"

On blogger, we compose in the reverse order as it appears on the screen so I'm writing this first. I bought this fragrance for myself at Victoria Secret this weekend that is a butane cartridge that says only "Very Sexy (for men)" and it says its fragrance is a "bold mixture of bergamot, ginger and sandalwood" but all I smell is a musky churchy scent. I think I'm a little disappointed. But at least I didn't break down and buy Axe body wash. Mostly I bought it because I needed to feel my way into wearing deodorant more often and the participation mystique I've been in around Victoria's Secret products made it inevitable I'd buy it as a prompt to myself to do SOMETHING about my body odor. But I'll probably wear more often Ralph Lauren Polo cologne that I bought last year, because I really really chose the scent carefully and I still think it was a good choice. Unless I don't wear it. As for deodorant itself, Linda turned me on to Arm and Hammer roll-on and it's nice because it's odorless. But you have to actually wear it.
  All in all I feel good about my decision to never buy Axe deodorant. It just seemed like shearing Samson or something. But that doesn't mean I can't take better care of myself.
  Yes, I've started brushing my teeth more often--almost every day. Man, I wish I had brushed and flossed more before I lost all my back teeth! I have to nibble everything to death. And, yes, I feel really unattractive. But I'm still a good writer (or so she wrote) and when I work I work really hard, which is different (ahem) from the way I worked when I was younger. Work ethic pays.

No comments:

Post a Comment