New year, change of blog name. I was feeling like the name "brillocommentblog" wasn't working for me, but I wanted to keep the reference to pop art because I'm an Andy Warhol freak. I also got to thinking that what's new this year is I have a counselling job where I work with my hands a lot and cleaning products are my new best friends. Really. But I don't actually like using brillo that much, or any other kind of steel wool product. It makes me feel like I'm rubbing my fingernails on a chalkboard. What I really like are those combination scrubber and sponges we call "scrunges." I think "myscrunge" is a better site name, because it's clearer and keeps the connotation of "cleaning the house" which is what I like to do in my writing. Much of my writing is kind of shocking, but only in a muckraking sort of way.
Nice new name! I like scrunges, too. I've begun washing dishes with rubber gloves for the first time ever. The dishwasher is broken and the other person is not a dishwasher.
ReplyDelete