A charming young pirate woman known to me only by the name "Smasheltooth Flossing" has recommended I write my dreams down here in my site. What's really funny is the whole time she was telling me that, I was thinking about how only the night before I had had a very convincing dream of having a three-way with someone I didn't recognize and Lisa Edelstein, who used to play the administrator on the TV show "House." Having given it some thought, I am not going to describe that dream in this forum. But I've spoken to young Smasheltooth at other times and I understand that where she is coming from is she likes to see a person present themselves in a way that bypasses their conscious control. Makes sense for a pirate to feel that way. We also talked about putting my I Ching hexagrams on the blog. But probably I won't do that either. Sorry, Smasheltooth, in my own blog my conscious mind rules supreme. Nice try, though.
You know, I've given it some thought and I have come to believe that although it is tempting to think that certain styles of magic are best suited to different personality disorders, that the best mentalists are sociopaths and sleight of hand people should probably be very down to earth sane people, I am beginning to believe to be a truly gifted mentalist you must by nature be completely psychotic. Case in point, two weeks ago I was talking to my therapist about how I've come to believe the kindest way to write a holiday card is to observe as much as you can about the recipient and write it all down, because most people like to feel observed even if occasionally our feelings are hurt or our paranoia or panic is triggered. To speak really truthfully, the more it triggers us, the more we like it. It helps if the person triggering us really is talking about us so we don't have to feel like we need more meds. It shows great vulnerability on the part of the person making the disclosure. Problem: my therapist seems to be among those who don't like to feel observed by their clients, because she cancelled yesterday's appointment with only five hour's notice and said she was sick and going on vacation for three weeks and wasn't ready to make an appointment with me when she got back, that she needed to think about it. And I hadn't been planning to mess with her head at all. I just wanted to get help with my stuff, vis find out what she thought about a new development in my life I felt funny about, like usual. Anyway, I'm really mad at her. Good to be posting again, I'm really done posting fiction in this forum, because it's too much work, but
No comments:
Post a Comment