I'm starting to work for Obama again. Or rather, "I'm starting to work for our President again." Last night I got an email asking for help with the campaign, but I couldn't find an event to go to in this county, so-- get this-- I signed up to host one.
Actually, I'm looking forward to it. There is something exhilerating about a task where you have to figure out what needs to be done and assign yourself to do it. Being your own boss. All that good stuff. I gave the lobby of the hotel I live in as the location of the community meeting I'm hosting and sent out all the invitations and only today did I proceed to ask my landlord. You'd be amazed at how easily she said yes, but I don't want to give the impression she's a pushover. I think she just felt honored the Democrats would care how people in my hotel vote.
Anyway, for those of you who want to go and who will be in the Santa Cruz California area May twelfth, my email is tconger@cruzio.com or you can log in at barackobama.com and find your way that way.
There is something strangely alienating about life and the world as a whole. Things are easy as long as someone's telling you what to do and you have them to complain about with your friends and family, but when you make up your mind to live on barely any money and be your own boss it just does weird things to your relationships. For one thing, it's really embarassing how often I call my father and stepmother-- like, almost every day each. You'd think you'd have more to say when you talk to your friends, but so often it all gets lost in vagueness because you've built it for yourself out of nothing. There's no good guy or bad guy. Anyway. you'll probably see me posting a lot more often as if anyone were even reading it all. No offense, please, to those who do read this. I just find my life is really perfect except I'm really lonely. I never thought I'd want to "quit my day job."
Actually, I'm looking forward to it. There is something exhilerating about a task where you have to figure out what needs to be done and assign yourself to do it. Being your own boss. All that good stuff. I gave the lobby of the hotel I live in as the location of the community meeting I'm hosting and sent out all the invitations and only today did I proceed to ask my landlord. You'd be amazed at how easily she said yes, but I don't want to give the impression she's a pushover. I think she just felt honored the Democrats would care how people in my hotel vote.
Anyway, for those of you who want to go and who will be in the Santa Cruz California area May twelfth, my email is tconger@cruzio.com or you can log in at barackobama.com and find your way that way.
There is something strangely alienating about life and the world as a whole. Things are easy as long as someone's telling you what to do and you have them to complain about with your friends and family, but when you make up your mind to live on barely any money and be your own boss it just does weird things to your relationships. For one thing, it's really embarassing how often I call my father and stepmother-- like, almost every day each. You'd think you'd have more to say when you talk to your friends, but so often it all gets lost in vagueness because you've built it for yourself out of nothing. There's no good guy or bad guy. Anyway. you'll probably see me posting a lot more often as if anyone were even reading it all. No offense, please, to those who do read this. I just find my life is really perfect except I'm really lonely. I never thought I'd want to "quit my day job."
Awesome, Tim. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete